Sustainability of Aluminium
- Aluminium is the most abundant metal in the earth’s crust.
- Bauxite is the naturally occurring and abundant raw material from which aluminium is manufactured. Unlike oil which has global reserves of 50 years there are mineable global reserves of bauxite measured in hundreds of years.
- Aluminium is recognized for it ability to be recycled indefinitely owing to its high intrinsic value and global recycling infrastructure devoted to recycling and purification of the metal.
- Recycled aluminium accounts for 1 third of global consumption and there is ample scope to increase this percentage.
- Aluminum produced from scrap, uses only 5% of the energy that primary aluminum does.
- Aluminum alloys possess the unique properties of strength, light weight, durability and corrosion resistance.